May 20, 2013

My Favorite New Blog

I have to share my new favorite food blog with you.  But a word of warning first:  this probably should not be read at work, shared with your kids, or passed on to your parents (unless they're very cool and laid back).  The blog just won Saveur's Best New Food Blog award, which is a pretty huge honor.  It's called Thug Kitchen, tag line:  Eat like you give a f***.  Like I said, your grandmother probably won't love it. I, on the other hand, do!

The recipes are primarily vegan, and the commentary is hilarious.  He shares the recipe for a Roasted Strawberry Salad and then tells you, "Eat a goddam salad. Eat ten! Brag about it!  It's like plant nachos!"  And really, who isn't more tempted to eat a salad when it's described to them as plant nachos...or when it's topped with succulent, balsamic roasted strawberries and toasted shaved coconut. 

He also makes other delicious things like Chickpea and Broccoli Burritos, Peanut Tempeh Summer Rolls, and Strawberry Grapefruit Margaritas!  Yes please!!!  Basically, I love him, and you should too.

http://thugkitchen.com/

No comments: