September 25, 2014

Peanut Butter Cookies



If you are gluten free, then you are very familiar with the feeling of defending some of your favorite gluten free foods.  If you are down-to-earth and gluten free, you can also freely admit that you would not enjoy many of your favorite gluten free foods if you did not indeed have to.

These gluten free brownies are seriously the best brownies I've ever had!  I mean, considering that they are made out of tapioca starch and black bean paste and carob powder, and also because I literally cannot remember what a real brownie tastes like....They are awesome!!!

These peanut butter cookies on the other hand do not fall into this sad category.  Non-gluten free eaters devour them, not even realizing that they do not contain gluten.  They don't even contain dairy.  They are a gift from God. 



Peanut Butter Cookies
Ingredients you'll need:


-2 cups creamy peanut butter
-1 cup packed brown sugar
-1 cup white sugar
-2 large eggs
-2 teaspoons baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Add all of the ingredients together



And mix well to combine
 
 
 
Shape dough into balls (about 1 tablespoon each) and place on ungreased baking sheets that are a bit scary looking and old like mine
 

Using tines of a fork, flatten each ball of dough, creating a crisscross pattern
 
 
 
Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until puffed and golden, 10-12 minutes.  Let cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.



Here is where things got really crazy.  I had already used half of the dough when I realized I had some dark chocolate chips in the pantry.  I added about a 1/2 cup to the remaining dough.  Then I continued the cookie making process, just skipping the crisscross part.












Oh my.  I didn't know these cookies could get any better, but I guess dark chocolate can do that to just about anything.  Here's to gluten free desserts and never suffering through a black bean brownie again.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

These are my favorites!
Thanks for the recipe.